1 CPD hour
On Demand EventComplete online in your own time (Self-paced)
- $160.00 excl. GST
A Guide to Trusts for New Practitioners and New Trust Lawyers.
Trusts build upon a foundation of fundamental principles. This webinar takes us back to those principles and provides a summary of the key questions and elements which ought to be considered and assessed. The webinar is designed to be a guide for new practitioners and lawyers new to trusts by taking us through a case study, questions to ask, issues to consider, establishing the trust, and on-going obligations.
Using a case study this webinar will provide a step-by-step guide designed for new practitioners and lawyers new to trusts by covering the following topics:
- Why does the client want a trust?
- Does the reason justify a trust?
- Important issues and questions to ask the clients before setting up a trust.
- Making sure the client understands what a trust is and the implications of creating a trust.
- Identifying the parties to the trust and explaining to the client their respective roles, duties and powers.
- Identifying the assets to be transferred to the trust and issues to consider before transferring assets to a trust.
- The lawyer’s duty of care when preparing a trust deed and their ongoing duties.
A practical guide to setting up a trust for new practitioners and lawyers new to trusts.
New Lawyers and lawyers new to trusts, accountants, trustee companies, trust consultants, and legal executives who deal with trusts.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
4 April 2017
Katherine Ewer, Principal, Katherine Ewer Tax & Trust & Dr. Maria A Pozza, Lane Neave