1.25 CPD hours
On Demand EventComplete online in your own time (Self-paced)
- $180.00 excl. GST
This very practical case study driven webinar will show you how to review and report on a trust deed.
This webinar, which will include the opportunity to ask questions, will walk you through the process of reviewing a trust deed with the guidance of a supplied check list and reporting letter. Materials will also include the trust deed that will be reviewed.
Note that the draft trust deed that will be circulated will also include proposed amendments that address provisions of the draft Trusts Bill
Topics covered will include:
- Who is the settlor including nominee settlor considerations
- The impact of the (draft) Trusts Bill on precedents
- Confirming the trust period – what is the maximum available duration?
- Reviewing powers of appointment
- Identifying what other documents need to be reviewed
- Adequate indemnity clauses
- Does the self –benefit clause work as intended
- How to review resettlement clauses
- Correcting drafting errors
- Trust administration
Attendees will learn:
- How to review a trust deed
- Considerations to take on board regarding the draft Trusts Bill
- What the standard terms in trust deeds mean
- How to establish whether a trust deed is fit for purpose
This webinar is suitable for accounting and legal practitioners up to senior level who want to develop a better appreciation of the terms of trust deeds and what these mean in practical terms in light of the draft Trusts Bill.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
5 July 2017
Vicki Ammundsen, Director, Vicki Ammundsen Trust Law Limited