1.25 CPD hours
On Demand EventComplete online in your own time (Self-paced)
- $180.00 excl. GST
This webinar is an introductory, but comprehensive, look at the Construction Contracts Act.
The Construction Contracts Act is a key legal tool that all participants involved in the building industry need to know, and understand.
Whether you are (or advise) a homeowner entering into a building contract, a developer constructing a small or large scale development, or a builder, head contractor or subcontractor in the building industry, you need to know about this Act and how it affects those in the building industry.
This webinar will cover:
- How the Act works to promote cash flow in the construction industry.
- Drafting effective payment claims, and what needs to be included.
- Drafting effective payment schedules to prevent being forced to pay a disputed debt.
- The new requirements in the Act relating to retention money.
- A brief overview of the dispute provisions of the Act.
Attendees will learn:
- What is required to draft an effective Construction Contracts Act payment claim.
- What is required to draft an effective Construction Contracts Act payment schedule.
- The new requirements for retentions in the Act.
- A brief overview of the dispute resolution mechanisms of the Act.
This webinar will be valuable to all those involved in the construction industry and advisers of those businesses. As the Construction Contracts Act has a particular focus on enabling cash flow, this webinar will be of interest to accountancy practitioners as well as legal practitioners. It assumes an understanding of legal concepts, but is set at an introductory level and assumes no prior experience of construction law.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
2 August 2017
Karen Overend, Director, Overend & Associates Limited