1.25 CPD Hours
Aug 22Tue 2:30 PM NZST - Tue 3:45 PM NZST Online
- $180.00 excl. GST
Learn this proven nine step process to ensure you have the right Advisory Board for your company or for you as an Advisor.
An effective Advisory Board can be a crucial success factor for New Zealand’s businesses, both large and small. Yet most Advisory Boards are set up with little thought and planning. Some have a very short shelf life, and others fail to live up to the expectations of the business owner, or change with the development of the company involved.
Setting up an Advisory Board well from the start is one of the most crucial factors in making sure an Advisory Board works. Whether you are a business owner putting an Advisory Board together or an Advisor keen to provide services at the Advisory Board table you need a simple, proven process to get your Advisory Board started and performing at its best.
Join us for this practical webinar delivered by Helen Down, Managing Director of Advisory Boards New Zealand and delivered in conjunction with the Institute of Directors.
As part of this webinar you will also receive the Advisory Board Toolkit, plus a practical workbook from Advisory Boards New Zealand. Both workbooks provide numerous useful templates and tools for the different Advisory Board lifecycle phases.
This webinar will give you a simple, proven process for setting up any Advisory Board. Use this if you’re involved in setting up a new Advisory Board or when improving an existing Advisory Board.
By the end of the webinar you will know the nine easy steps to ensure you have the right Advisory Board for your company or for you as an Advisor.
- What an Advisory Board is
- The four phases of an Advisory Board lifecycle
- nine easy steps for setting up an Advisory Board
- How to decide who you need around the Advisory Board table
- How to find the right people to be Advisors
- Some simple legal considerations that you need to be aware of
- The role of the Advisory Board Chairperson
- How to prepare for the first Advisory Board meeting
- When and how to exit from an Advisory Board
- And a 90 day action plan to get you on your way.
- Business owners of small, medium and large companies
- Advisors and those interested in becoming an Advisor
- Business owners/CEO’s with an Advisory Board already in place that is not delivering the results expected or required
- Business owners and Advisors who have experience with Advisory Boards and want better results the next time
- Business owners and CEO’s who do not have a governance structure that delivers to their needs
- Accountants and lawyers who provide advice to business owners around business growth, strategy, risk, governance, and operational issues
- Business professionals and Advisors who could provide services to business owners as an Advisor on an Advisory Board
Helen Down, Owner/Managing Director, Advisory Boards New Zealand