1 CPD Hour
On Demand EventComplete online in your own time (Self-paced)
- $160.00 excl. GST
An overview of the Property (Relationships) Act 1976 for non-specialists.
This is an introductory webinar which will take you through the key provisions of the Property (Relationships) Act 1976 and will offer practical examples of situations when the Act might apply, or when relationship property issues should be raised with a client.
Topics covered will include:
- What is a qualifying relationship?
- What is relationship property?
- What is separate property?
- Exceptions to equal sharing of relationship property.
- Trusts and relationship property.
- Estates and relationship property.
- Contracting Out agreements.
- Options for structuring client’s affairs.
- Section 42 Notices of Claim.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the key provisions of the PRA and will learn when to identify if relationship property issues need to be raised with a client.
DATE OF ORIGINAL BROADCAST
17 August 2017
New practitioners (lawyers), legal executives and accountants. The webinar will be of particular interest to practitioners who advise on conveyancing, trusts, estates and asset protection plans.
Stephanie Pettigrew, Partner, Marks & Worth Lawyers