1 CPD Hour
On Demand EventComplete online in your own time (Self-paced)
- $160.00 excl. GST
A practical guide to drafting and advising clients on agreements under Part 6 of the Property (Relationships) Act 1976.
The webinar is for practitioners who are new to the area of relationship property law. It will be a practical look at Part 6 of the PRA, including:
- What is a relationship property agreement?
- Settlement agreements (separation agreements).
- Contracting out agreements (“pre-nups”).
- Reasons to have a contracting out agreement.
- Formalities for all relationship property agreements.
- Witnessing and certifying relationship property agreements.
- Section 21J - serious injustice.
- Dealing with trusts in relationship property agreements.
- Common clauses to consider using in relationship property agreements.
Attendees will gain confidence to draft and advise clients on relationship property agreements, and to witness and certify agreements in accordance with the requirements of the PRA.
DATE OF ORIGINAL BROADCAST
28 September 2017
New practitioners (lawyers) and practitioners who advise on conveyancing, trusts, estate and asset protection plans.
Stephanie Pettigrew, Partner, Marks & Worth Lawyers