1.5 CPD Hours
On Demand EventComplete online in your own time (Self-paced)
- $200.00 excl. GST
How to administer an estate from start to finish.
This webinar will go through the steps of estate administration. We will cover key aspects of estate administration, from death to taxes and everything in between!
The following topics will be covered during this webinar:
- Notification and cause of death
- Dealing sensitively with grieving family members
- Understanding & carrying out the terms of the last will or the relevant Administration Act 1969 provisions
- Attending the first meeting – the all important information gathering stage
- Advising lay executors about their role and responsibilities
- Looking after key relationships and reporting to the family, executors and beneficiaries of the estate
- A brief look at the various High Court applications to obtain a grant of probate or letters of administration
- Collecting in the assets and paying the liabilities
- Important dates and timeframes during the process
- A brief discussion on taxes and distribution of the estate
- Time-permitting we will discuss some of the common issues estate administrators face in a typical (non-contested and contested) estate.
You will know how to administer an estate in a logical and systematic manner. You will be more confident running an estate administration meeting and reporting to the executors and beneficiaries.
You will have a better understanding of the legal aspects of estate administration, including proving the Will, High Court applications, executor liability and other relevant legislation.
DATE OF ORIGINAL BROADCAST
12 September 2017
This webinar will suit newcomers and intermediate level practitioners, Legal Executives, Personal representatives and Executors, Trust officers and estate administrators.
Ala Sonti, Senior Associate, Hesketh Henry