1.25 CPD hours
On Demand EventComplete online in your own time (Self-paced)
- $180.00 excl. GST
This highly practical webinar examines when subdivisions are subject to income tax and the key tax issues arising for dealers, developers and builders (and associated persons). Extensive use of case studies will illustrate the application of these principles.
- Know what constitutes a development or division scheme.
- Understand when a development or division scheme commences.
- Learn what constitutes “minor work” and “significant expenditure”.
- Understand the IRD’s current position in relation to the taxation of land retained after completion of a subdivision scheme.
- Know when a person will be treated as a “dealer”, “developer” or “builder”.
- Understand when a land-related business starts and ends.
- Learn when the various income tax exemptions apply.
Intermediate and senior accountants, tax lawyers, property lawyers and others who advise clients on subdivisions and developments.
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
19 October 2017
Stephen Tomlinson, Partner, Tomlinson Law