1 CPD hour
On Demand EventComplete online in your own time (Self-paced)
- $160.00 excl. GST
Compliance and Modernisation.
Under the Companies Act 1993, s120, the board of a company must hold at least one annual meeting of shareholders every year (AM).
This webinar will cover:
- Purpose and regulation of Annual Meeting
- Presumptions and options
- Business of the Annual Meeting
- Shareholder proposals
- Meeting procedures
- Modernising meetings
Note: Legal concepts and obligations and some cases will be discussed, however this is not a heavily legalistic session.
Attendees will gain an understanding of:
- The purposes of the annual meeting
- Companies Act 1993 requirements, alternative procedures, waivers and other options
- Checklist for documents required for the AM
- Modern methods of meeting the purposes of the annual meeting
Company directors, company secretaries and advisors (accountants, lawyers) to SME boards
ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE
2 November 2017
Dr Karen Martyn, Governance Advisor