1.25 CPD hours
Dec 06Wed 10:30 AM NZDT - Wed 11:45 AM NZDT Online Vicki Ammundsen
- $180.00 excl. GST
This webinar will address development in the law of trusts focusing on sham trusts, and other ways trusts can be disregarded or attacked
This webinar, which will conclude with a question and answer section, will provide an opportunity for practitioners to up-date their trust skills and ensure that current relevant trust knowledge regarding sham trusts.
Topics covered will include:
- The development of the law relating to sham trusts
- Sham in other jurisdictions
- Consideration of the decision in MezhProm Bank v Pugachev
- True Effects of Trusts / Illusory trusts
- Parting with beneficial ownership – who’s really in control?
- Relationship property and trusts
- Creditors and trusts
- Bare trusts and Secret Trusts
More trust cases are being heard by our courts than ever before and new ways to attack trusts are regularly being considered by the courts and in practice.
Attendees will learn:
- The outcome of recent trust decisions
- How to ensure appropriate trust governance
- The requirements of a valid trust
- Warning signs
- How to advise trustees of poorly administered trusts and the practical steps to be taken
This webinar is targeted at all practitioners at all levels but will be of particular interest to more experienced practitioners.
Vicki Ammundsen, Director, Vicki Ammundsen Trust Law Limited