1 CPD Hour
On Demand EventComplete online in your own time (Self-paced)
- $160.00 excl. GST
Are your agendas and minutes time bombs for an unknown judge? Are they effective governance tools that meet legislative compliance requirements?
Are you still following the traditional agenda format despite conclusive evidence that a modern format improves decision-making?
Do your directors make inconsistent decisions and discuss the same issues repeatedly?
Learn how agendas and minutes serve two key purposes:
• satisfying the legislative requirements, and
• providing constructive guidance for more effective meetings, and accountability of those responsible for progressing the actions and decisions made at those meetings.
Learn how to set-up a resolutions register that can instantly improve your boards decision-making effectiveness and strategic perspective.
Learn how and when to get the strategic work addressed before routine, administrative compliance tasks
Templates and simple, practical how to guidance that will improve board performance and satisfy mandatory requirements without needlessly exposing the directors.
- what should and should not go into agendas and minutes
- the difference between approval, verification and confirmation of the minutes
- the problems (and solutions) for minutes of narration and minutes of resolution
- the problems associated with in camera minutes
- how the agenda and the minutes can drive accountability and performance
- traditional vs modern agenda order of items
- the usefulness of maintaining the resolutions register
DATE OF ORIGINAL BROADCAST
28 March 2017
This webinar is targeted at SME directors and executives (whether commercial or NFP), lawyers, accountants and anyone acting as company secretary or advising the board on legislative compliance.
Karen Martyn, Governance Advisor