These FAQs are designed to provide a better understanding of the CCH Learning suite of products.
Help me NOW!
If you need urgent webinar assistance please call rather than email. 0800 WEBINAR (932 462)
What is a ‘webinar’?
A webinar is an online seminar. All CCH Learning webinars are streamed via the Go To Webinar application. Webinars are a combination of audio and PowerPoint presentation. Each webinar is 60-90 minutes long and includes a 15-minute Question and Answer session where attendees may ask questions of the presenter.
You and your team can view the webinar on your computer screens and hear the presenters speaking. You can also use the Go To Webinar app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device.
How does the sound work?
Go To Webinar teleconferencing means that you can join in with your computer’s microphone and speakers, or make a conventional phone call. We recommend using your computer’s built in speakers if possible. If you are on your own, you could use a USB headset.
When you log into the webinar there will be an audio panel where you can select your preference and see the phone number to call if you have selected to dial in.
What do I need?
You will need a functioning phone (or a speaker phone if you have more than one team member attending) or a computer with microphone and speakers – if you are attending webinars frequently, you may wish to invest in a good set of external speakers.
You will also need a computer with a broadband connection; preferably wired as opposed to wireless (it’s faster and more reliable). Your Java software needs to be up to date and it helps if your computer and monitor are less than five years old.
You can also download the Go To Webinar app to your smart device and use built-in sound or headphones.
How many can attend?
CCH Learning webinars operate on a one-connection-one fee basis which means you can have the whole team participate in the webinar for the one cost-effective price. For example, you can have three team members around a monitor or 15 team members in a boardroom with a data projector or big screen.
If you have people viewing from multiple sites or from separate computers you will need to book multiple connections.
What can I do ahead of time?
There are a few things you can do the day before which will make the connection process stress-free:
- Make sure the area where you will be training is set up in advance e.g. board room
- Test your speaker phone for volume and make sure you are aware of the controls
- If joining via speakers make sure these are working and you are familiar with the controls
- Make sure you have forwarded the webinar link to the computer you will be connecting from
If you want to test whether the software will work, go to www.gotomeeting.com/wizard
What do I do on the day?
Webinars start promptly, so you will need to be logged into the webinar, and called into the teleconference
(with your phone set to speaker if required) and have your team ready at the start time:
- An hour before the webinar starts, you will receive a reminder email with a link to the webinar and any other details
- Half an hour before your webinar, ensure that the computer you’ll be using is booted up and all attendees are aware of when it starts
- 15 minutes before your webinar, log into the Go To Webinar using the link in your reminder email
- 10 minutes before your webinar, round up all the attendees and let them know to join you in 5 minutes
- 5 – 10 minutes before your webinar, dial in to the teleconference if necessary
What’s the difference between using the phone or using the computer speakers and mic?
When using the speakers and mic on your computer, the call itself is free because technically you’re not making one. You are only using your internet connection (and typically you will not be paying per unit of time).
If you dial into the teleconference using your phone, it is simply the cost of calling a Wellington or Auckland number. When you log into Go To Webinar, you will see the Audio Options on the right hand side – you can click the button for Use Mic & Speakers, or if you click Use Telephone it will bring up the number to call and give you a unique access code and PIN for the meeting.
What are the controls?
There are two controls you may use in the webinar: Full screen Mode and Questions.
- Full screen Mode will extend the screen seamlessly onto your whole monitor
- The Questions Pane is what you use to ask questions – simply type in your query and hit send
Depending on level of interaction, you may also be asked to raise your hand or join on on a poll. You do have a mute button but you will be muted automatically.
Can I ask questions?
Of course. You can type in questions which the moderator will ask the presenter. We will show you how to do this at the start of the webinar.
Usually, the presenter and moderator will do a full Q&A session at the end of the webinar. If there are more than a dozen questions, you may be emailed a full transcript depending on subject matter.
Help! I can’t find my email with all the details!
Hopefully you added a reminder to your calendar through the first email. This will contain all the details. You will also get a reminder an hour before the session with all the details on it.
If you can’t find anything, go to www.joinwebinar.com, then call us on 0800 WEBINAR for your Webinar ID – you will need to enter the email address you registered with.
If necessary we can re-send your webinar invitation.
Help! My Go To Webinar isn’t working!
Depending on your security settings, some firms have trouble logging in the first time. There are few things you can try:
- In Internet Explorer, go to Tools: Internet Options: Security and select ‘Trusted Sites’. Click on the button marked ‘Sites’ and add https://www.gotomeeting.com. Try again
- If you have logged in twice and neither session is working, try exiting Go To Webinar, then in Internet
- Explorer on the original computer, go to Tools: Internet Options and delete your cookies. Then try again from the new computer
- If you get really stuck, please call us on 0800 WEBINAR and we will talk you through some other options over the phone
What about feedback?
After your webinar, please place feedback in the online form which will pop up. Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us to improve and develop our webinar programme.
If you have any suggestions on how to improve our webinars or on topics, we’d love you to let us know on this form.
Can I purchase conference papers after a conference has been held?
Yes, papers are usually available for purchase from our website two working days after the conference.
How do I advise of any special dietary requirements?
You can let us know about any special dietary needs when booking for a conference.
On Demand FAQs
What is ‘On Demand’?
All our live webinars are recorded and can be purchased as On Demand recordings for you to watch at a time that is convenient for you.
Do you record all of your webinars?
Yes. Recordings of webinars are usually available On Demand around 24 hours after the live session.
I paid to attend a webinar and missed it, can I see it On Demand instead?
Yes. Call us or drop us a line email@example.com and we’ll be happy to get the recording to you as soon as it becomes available.
Can I get a recording of a webinar?
Yes, just look in the menu of left hand side of every page of our website and select the On Demand menu.
How much do “On Demand’ webinars cost?
If you have already purchased the live webinar session we do not charge anything extra to send you the recording. (This is ideal if one member of your team misses out for any reason).
If you have not purchased the webinar already, the cost of the recording will be the same as the cost of the live session.
What format is the On Demand recording?
The recording streams live via Windows media player. Here are two troubleshooting tips:
- If Windows Media Player requires a “codec”, you can download it here: www.gotomeeting.com/codec
- If Windows Media Player is not your default player, you will need to change this before you begin
Who can I contact if I have a query on my order?
Please contact CCH Learning 0800 932 462 or firstname.lastname@example.org